|家課政策 Homework Policy
|家課的目的 Purpose of Homework
Allow students to consolidate what they have learned, extend their learning outside the classroom, or prepare for new topics to promote self-learning.
|家課的作用 The Role of Homework
- Enhance understanding of learning content and reinforce or extend classroom learning.
- Cultivate self-study habits and abilities.
- Prepare for new topics.
- Let students understand their learning progress and problems, and then seek solutions to problems.
- Assessing student performance in terms of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values.
- Find out the difficulties students encounter in learning to adjust teaching plans and strategies.
- Provide timely feedback to facilitate effective learning.
- Let parents understand their children's learning progress and characteristics, so that they can provide timely support.
- Let parents understand the requirements of the school curriculum and work together to help students improve their learning.
|家課安排原則 Principles of Homework Arrangement
- 份量恰當，讓學生有空間作課外閱讀，及有餘暇參加其他有益身心的社群或課外 活動，以及有充足的休息和睡眠時間
- 老師在分配家課時，會留意該班當日家課表的家課量，必要時將份量作適當的 調整
- Various forms of homework, including preview, data collection, follow-up exercises, worksheets, self-study booklets, reading/writing exercises, brush calligraphy, project studies, creative/problem-solving assignments, oral presentations, online exercises, review, etc.
- Appropriate portions allow students space for extracurricular reading, time for other wholesome social or extracurricular activities, and adequate rest and sleep.
- There is a proper amount of homework for Chinese, English and Mathematics every day, and other subjects are determined according to the teaching situation.
- When assigning homework, the teacher will pay attention to the amount of homework in the class's homework schedule for the day, and make appropriate adjustments to the amount if necessary.
- Teachers will arrange time slots within class hours according to needs, so that students can complete some homework under guidance (such as more difficult homework).
- When taking care of students with special learning needs, teachers will make appropriate homework adjustments according to individual circumstances.
|家課量指引 Homework Guidelines
In order to balance the quality and quantity of homework and help students consolidate their learning and development so as to achieve the expected learning outcomes, the following is the amount of homework for each level under normal circumstances:
- Primary 1 and 2: no more than one hour per day
- Primary 3 and 4: no more than one and a half hours a day
- Primary 5 and 6: No more than two hours a day
Since the circumstances of students (such as ability, family environment and free time at home) are different, each student's time for homework is also different. This is a general estimate. If individual students have difficulties, please contact the class teacher or the teacher of the relevant subject.
|家長配合 Parents Cooperate
How children learn at home is just as important as how they learn at school. Since most of the homework is done at home, parents play an important role. Here are some things parents can do when tutoring their children at home:
- 為子女提供適當的環境，預備足夠的文具，並消除影響他們做家課的障礙 (如噪音及干擾)。
- 引導子女預先計劃完成各項家課的先後次序，培養子女的責任感及指導他們管理 時間的技巧。
- 每天查閱家課日誌的內容， 並在上加簽。
- Provide an appropriate environment for children, prepare enough stationery, and remove barriers (such as noise and distractions) that prevent them from doing homework.
- Help children set time for homework.
- Guide children to pre-plan the order of completing various homework, cultivate children's sense of responsibility and guide them in time management skills.
- When instructing children to do homework, they should re-produce thinking instead of providing answers directly. Parents should avoid completing homework for their children, so as not to affect their sense of responsibility and the development of learning ability.
- Review the contents of the homework log and add notes to it every day.
- Pay attention to the homework comments after the teacher's marking, and provide appropriate guidance to the children when necessary to help them improve.
- Cultivate children to have good extracurricular reading habits, and pay attention to their work and rest time.
- Arrange multiple developmental activities for children, teach them to make good use of leisure time, arrange work and rest time appropriately, and avoid sending children to other institutions or places outside school for excessive mechanical exam-oriented drills or excessive additional supplementary exercises.
- If parents encounter difficulties, they can contact teachers as soon as possible to discuss solutions.